Makes : 25 pieces
Preparation time : 45 minutes
Baking time : 12 minutes
You need :
- 3 cups of sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Cut the parchment paper to exactly fit the bottom of the cookie tray.
- This step is optional : If the coconut flakes are too long, then you can shred them fine using a blender.
- In a bowl, add the egg white, sugar, vanilla extract and salt and whisk them until the sugar is melted.
- To the above mixture, add the all purpose flour and mix without forming any lumps.
- Now add the coconut flakes to this mixture and fold the mixture gently.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator. Scoop them into small balls (using a cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop) and place them in the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake them for about 12 minutes or until the bottom of the cookie is slightly brown.
- Remove the cookies (along with the parchment paper) from the cookie tray and allow them to cool.
- You can dip these cookies in chocolate or drizzle them with chocolate syrup.
- You can use fresh egg whites instead of the ready to use one. In that case, you will have to whisk the egg whites (from 2 eggs) until they form a stiff peak. Have the other ingredients already mixed in a bowl and then add the egg whites and fold them gently to mix.