Makes : 12 dosas
- 1 cup whole moong dhal/green gram
- 1/2 cup raw rice
- Small piece of ginger (about an inch)
- 4 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon salt
For Garnishing :
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 medium sized onion
- A small piece of ginger
Chop all the ingredients finely.Mix them all together and set aside.
- Soak the moong dhal and rice overnight in 4 cups of water.
- Grind the dhal, rice, ginger, green chillies and salt to make a fine paste.
- Heat the griddle in medium heat.
- Pour one ladle full of batter on the griddle and spread outward to make a thin dosa.
- Sprinkle the garnishing mixture on the dosa and cover it with a lid.
- Cook until both sides are cooked.
- Serve hot with sambhar, allam chutney and coconut chutney. (I served it with sambhar and coconut chutney).