Typically, this recipe requires eggs, so I have made a few changes to this recipe so that it can be made without eggs. I have substituted pancake mix for eggs and all purpose flour.
Makes - 8 - 10
You need :
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 green chillies (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pancake mix
- 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil /olive oil
- In a large bowl shred the zucchini (don't peel the skin).
- Finely chop the onion and green chillies and add them in the bowl.
- To this mixture add salt, pepper and the pancake mix.
- In a pan add 2 tablespoons of oil and allow it to heat.
- Now add 2 spoonfuls of the mixture and flatten them with the back of the spoon.
- Cook the pancakes until both the sides are brown.
- Repeat the last 2 steps for the rest of the mixture.
- Serve them hot with tomato ketchup or marinara sauce or hot sauce.
- If you are planning on making this pancake with eggs then this recipe requires two of them and replace the pancake mix with equal amounts all purpose flour.
- You can also make a batter and bake them like the regular pancakes.
This recipe is one of the entries for Priya's pancakes event.